Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central Review
Do you drink several cups of coffee every day? Do you get tired of having to turn on your coffee pot every morning before you head out the door? The solution to your problem might just be the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central. It is a 12 cup coffee maker in the traditional sense, but allows you to program your brewing schedule in so your coffee can be ready for you in the morning. Coming in a variety of colors as well, there is a lot to like about what this coffeemaker brings to any home.
The Features of the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central
The filtering process is the primary feature of note with this coffeemaker. It starts with the charcoal water filter that takes out impurities from your water supply. If you’ve already got a filter on your water at the source, then you’ll get double-filtered action! The permanent gold tone filter for the coffee helps to make sure that your grounds are fresh tasting no matter what.
There’s a few other features to note as well:
- not only can you program up to 1 day in advance, but you can also program in a shutoff time as well;
- there’s a 1 to 4 coup feature that helps you make the right amount of coffee instead of a full pot; and
- the showerhead of this coffeemaker gives a good, even coating of water over your preferred grounds, producing a more consistent cup of coffee.
It might not be as gourmet as some other coffeemakers, but it will produce an outstanding cup of coffee consistently. You’ll notice the difference in the filtering immediately. This does take a #4 paper filter, but you can install a permanent filter as well.
The Advantages of the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central
The primary advantage that you’ll receive with this unit is the cleaning settings that are included with it. Calcification occurs in every coffeemaker, but in many models you’ve got to make a guess as to when it must be cleaned. The Cuisinart Brew Central will let you know when it’s time to clean it so that you can extend your investment thanks to careful care and maintenance.
You might also like these advantages:
- the heating plate is resistant to scratches, so you don’t have to worry about it looking ugly if you happen to bang your carafe into when you’re in a hurry,
- the carafe itself is a no-drip design so you won’t cover your countertop with tons of water when you pour it into the water reservoir; and
- you can stop the flow of coffee for up to 30 seconds to produce richer flavors… or just pour yourself an immediate cup!
The one issue with this coffeemaker is the ongoing heating element that keeps your coffee warm. In some machines, there seems to be a malfunction in the heating plate that causes it to overheat and this creates a big safety hazard. This coffeemaker works very well, but keep an eye on it and autoprogram it to turn off if you’re not going to be home in case you get a short.
All in all, the Cuisinart DCC-1200 Brew Central is a decent investment. It quickly brews good coffee and if you’ll be around to watch the machine, it will accomplish what you need every morning to get going!
Category: Coffee Maker Reviews