Best Miter Saw Reviews
Read following best miter saw reviews and get your best miter saw on the market:
No.1 Bosch 4310 Slide Miter Saw Review(Price: $529.99)
The Bosch 4310 Slide Miter Saw is another Bosch creation to consider adding to your collection. This saw comes with a very well-thought out design. It comes with an all-metal bevel lock lever and range selector and a large 22-3/4-inch base with integrated base extensions. It also has two tall 4-inches by 10-inch speed-track sliding fences as well as ten exclusive wedge and slot miter detents.
No.2 Makita LS0714 Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review (Price: $449.00)
The Makita LS0714 Sliding Compound Miter Saw is an interesting Makita saw not only in looks but also in performance and quality as well as the features. It comes with a unique appearance that is both eye-catching and very high end. It has four steel poles with four linear ball bearings and a double sliding mechanism.
No.3 DEWALT DW713 Compound Miter Saw Review (Price: $219.00)
This DEWALT DW713 Compound Miter Saw is an excellent tool for a variety of applications. This is why; it is mostly preferred by homeowners and DIY professionals. The looks of this compound miter saw from Dewalt is also interesting and eye-catching because it is very unique and not something you have ever seen before.
No.4 Hitachi C10FSB Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review (Price: $586.62)
The Hitachi C10FSB Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a powerful and good-looking miter saw mostly preferred by home builders as well as carpenters nowadays. It has a very unique and eye-catching design unlike other miter saw brands out there. It is lightweight than other saws like it because it only weighs 43-pounds.
No.5 Bosch 5312 Dual Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw Review (Price: $556.30)
The Bosch 5312 Dual Bevel Slide Compound Miter Saw is another great addition to the Bosch collection of tools. This model is a high end model and well-designed model because it not only looks good but it also comes with a built- in length stop, easily readable bevel and miter scales, up front bevel lock lever and range selector knob as well as great crown melding settings.
No.6 DEWALT DW717 Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review (Price: $424.78)
The DEWALT DW717 Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a very sturdy-looking and high end saw manufactured by one of the best industrial tool manufacturers in the world. Its high end and sturdy looks come with 20.80 inches length, 32 inches width and 24 inches height.
No.7 Milwaukee 6955-20 Sliding Dual Bevel Miter Saw Review (Price: $749.99)
The Milwaukee 6955-20 Sliding Dual Bevel Miter Saw is an attractive miter saw that usually comes in a dark red color which is why it looks sophisticated even if it looks simple. It weighs 65 pounds with a blade diameter of 12 inches. This tool is highly powerful and useful for a variety of applications so it is a highly convenient tool for professional projects.
Best Miter Saw – Bosch 4310 Review
Bosch 4310 Features
- Measures 39 x 21 x 21 inches
- Is a 10-inch dual bevel slide miter saw
- Has convenient upfront controls
- Has a multi-position handle
- With a micro-fine miter adjustment knob for fine or precision cuts and also for left or right in varying cuts
- With a powerful 15-amp motor wit 2 horsepower output
- With a carbide-tipped blade
- Designed to change settings quickly and to adapt to different settings as soon as possible
- With an adjustable base and tool-free clamp
- With a miter detent override feature that will allow you to hold the detent lever when you need to rotate your work
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Your purchase includes a 10-in 60T blade, a material clamp and a dust bag
The Bosch 4310 is known for providing consistent power and much to this consistency is it is also able to give expert cuts each time. This means it may be used in projects that command extreme precision without compensating on the power output of the machine. From different shapes, angles and sizes, all these are possible thanks to the machine’s efficient motor.
Adjustable for any jobs
You can create a specific cut and then hold to create another complicated angle without compensating the power of the machine. It is also fully adjustable with the use of a range selector knob as well as bezel settings to make very fine cut adjustments. You simply cannot do this when you are using an industrial grade miter saw.
You are in control
For most projects, a miter saw may be the most frightening piece of equipment that may be found in a jobsite. However the Bosch 4310 reduces all these with special features like a detent override that will help you hold on to the detent should you need to rotate your work. This handle will also help you when you move into other positions depending on the cut you want to make and the level of comfort that you need. There is also an electric brake that stops the saw when you would like to make small repetitive cuts. The 72-tooth carbide tipped blade is very sharp but you can safely control it to make specific cuts easily.
Steady and clean
Your Bosch 4310 will never move as long as you secure it with a tool-free clamp. You will be able to work with ease and with the handy dust bag that comes with your purchase; you will be able to keep your working area clean and free from dangerous debris.
Bosch brand of quality
Bosch is known to be the most popular brand of power tools and jobsite equipment that are not just very safe but are also versatile and easy to use. The Bosch 4310 will surely be an ideal miter saw to use for so many industries as well as for the serious woodworking hobbyist at home.
Advantages of using the Bosch 4310
- The Bosch 4310 is definitely very handy in any jobsite since it has a very powerful motor and a very durable carbide blade; this basically means that you will save on heavy duty equipment that will be used in so many applications in a jobsite. From cutting large pieces of wood to making very small and precise cuts you can trust that this Bosch power saw will do the job.
- You can safely work in any job environment with this power saw’s safety features like a detent lever, an electric brake and fine adjustment knobs. Safety must be the most important factor any workplace or in any project and you can bet that the Bosch 4310 will never let you down.
- It is for a beginner since it provides a whole new experience in making very accurate cuts and how to handle a smaller miter saw in preparation for a larger and more powerful one. A beginner will also be able to learn how to hold and maneuver the base while setting up and keeping the equipment will also be easy to learn with this scale model. However the Bosch 4310 may also be used by professionals since it offers precision and durability; avid woodworkers who would love to have a miter saw for their workplace would absolutely agree that this saw would be the best addition to their woodworking tool collection.
Disadvantages of using the Bosch 4310
- The Bosch 4310 is totally great woodworking equipment that you can have at home or at work however there are several small disadvantages that you may find with the unit. Some isolated cases were mentioned regarding the accuracy and the potential recoil of the blade which could be very dangerous in any work setting. This isolated case was taken care of and has been reported to the company for evaluation of the unit.
- Another disadvantage that was noticed by a few customers was that the detent was a bit loose and had to be tightened time and again while a cut was being accomplished. This particular case was also reported to the company since the product is still in warranty.
- The price is a bit expensive considering it is a small miter saw; however high quality is priceless. This saw is sold online for $529.99.
Overall, the Bosch 4310 is a reliable and very efficient power saw. It has safety features that can make your work accurate without compensating on safety. There are so many ways that this miter saw may be adjusted to make accurate cuts or cuts that are according to your specific plans but it can quickly compensate even for repetitive cuts with its powerful motor and extra sharp carbide blade.
The Bosch 4310 may have several isolated problems but overall, it is highly rated online and most customers who have used this power saw have great reviews regarding its accuracy, safety and its many features. It may also be more expensive than a conventional saw but you are paying for high quality and the dependable Bosch name.
Miter Saw Buying Guide
Selecting the most suitable miter saw for your workshop can be a daunting process. There are numerous other things which you have to keep in mind besides the price when searching for the most suitable miter saw. In this article, we’ll discuss into detail some of the factors that you ought to consider while shopping for a miter saw.
#1: Learn More about a Miter Saw
Foremost, you need to learn how the miter saw will be used. The type of tool acquired by a DIY homeowner is different from that purchased by a home-builder. Hence, it is crucial that you familiarize yourself with the dissimilarities between basic, complex and sliding miter saws.
Basic miters are less costly compared to the other types of miters. Unfortunately, they lack some of the key features that are included in complex and sliding miter saws. If you are a DIY homeowner who is looking for a standard tool to include in his/her garage, then it is highly recommended that you opt for a basic miter.
Complex or compound miters are slightly expensive compared to basic miters because they are equipped with better features such as bevel cut. This allows the user to tip the blade at an angle of 00 to 500 on either side. There are also brands that have the ability to bevel on both sides.
Sliding miters are comparable to compound miters. The only difference is that the former has the ability to slice through dadoes. They also feature an expansion rod which functions in enabling the motor as well as the saw blade to shift backwards and forwards. This in turn allows the user to achieve longer cuts in spite of using a blade with a shorter diameter. Given the extra features built into sliding miters, they tend to cost more compared to other types of miters in the market. Professional contractors, carpenters as well as craftsmen tend to utilize sliding or compound miter.
#2: Establish the Dimension
Next, establish the blade dimension you will require from the tool. The most preferred blade dimensions in the market are 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch. The cost of a tool generally increases as the blade dimension rises. Then again, the blade size will also hinge on the application it is intended for. If your plan is to utilize the saw for several applications, it is highly recommended that opt for a bigger blade. Most DIY homeowners often acquire miter saws for renovation projects. Hence, before stepping out into the market, you need to establish your needs as these will also determine the dimension and the horsepower of the tool to acquire.
#3: Do a Little Bit of Research
As is the case with purchasing a car or house, you need to research on the various brands accessible in the market. This will allow you to narrow down on the best manufacturer that builds saws which meet your requirements. Listed below are some of the things that you need to keep in mind while carrying out your research:
- The brands which most craftsmen are loyal to. Loyalty to brands is what prevents most people, especially novices from trying out other products which may be better and affordable. Therefore, find out as much information as possible about different types of brands and why consumers tend to skew towards a particular brand.
- The types of features built into a miter saw. Normally the cost of a tool will hinge on the number of features built into it. Select a tool containing the types of features you will require to accomplish your tasks.
#4: Determine a Price Range
Once you are through with your research, you need to set a price range you are comfortable with. Stepping into the market without an idea of how much you intend to spend can throw you into a spin. Establish the least and maximum amount of money you are planning to spend on a miter saw. If you are operating on a shoestring budget, do not deviate from it. The saying “You get what you pay for” is not in vain when shopping for the best miter saw. If you opt for a cheaper tool, you are most likely to pay for it in the long run.
Lastly, check if the manufacturer has included a warranty. Companies that add warranties to their tools have more faith in their products compared to those that do not.
Category: Miter Saw Reviews