Best Gas Range Reviews
Best Best Gas Range Reviews 2014 – Top 5 Gas Ranges
No.1 GE Cafe CGS985SETSS 30 Freestanding Gas Range Review(Price: $2,522.00)
The GE Cafe CGS985SETSS 30 Gas Range is a gas range with 5 sealed burners from GE; a renowned company manufacturing various kinds of home appliances. This gas range is one of the most outstanding gas range featuring 5 sealed burners and tri-ring burners with 20000 BTU.
No.2 LG LDG3016ST 30 Freestanding Gas Range Review(Price: $1,619.00)
The LG LDG3016ST 30 Freestanding Gas Range is a free standing stainless steel gas range manufactured by LG that features 5 sealed burners and has an upper and lower oven. It also features a 12 hour automatic shut-off, which is a feature mostly loved by many consumers because of its ability to provide safety when cooking and baking.
No.3 Amana AGR4433XDB 4.4 Cubic Gas Range Review(Price: $417.60)
The Amana AGR4433XDB 4.4 Cubic Gas Range is one of the most advanced and most convenient models of gas range in the market nowadays that is equipped with numerous features to love. This gas range features a great design in its black color, advanced features and an excellent capacity.
No.4 Frigidaire FFGF3053LS 30 Freestanding Gas Range Review(Price: $750.49)
The Frigidaire FFGF3053LS 30 Freestanding Gas Range is a quality gas range because it comes from a world renowned brand called Frigidaire. This gas range features 4 sealed burners as well as one-touch cleaning system and an oven that has 5.0cu.ft capacity. A few reviews made about this product revealed that it is mostly rated 5 stars because of the performance and the quality as it boasts of a beautifully crafted body with the satisfaction of the consumers in mind.
No.5 Amana AGR5844VDB 5.0 Cubic Gas Range Review(Price: $631.49)
The Amana AGR5844VDB 5.0 Cubic Gas Range is a gas range with features to look forward to like the Temp Assure cooking system that assures quality cooking no matter how busy one is. It is a larger Amana AGR5844VDB model as it comes with a 5.0 cu. ft. Capacity.
Best Gas Range – GE Cafe CGS985SETSS Review
When you are cooking for a huge family, there is no such thing as limited cooking space! You need a large range and oven that can take care of several meals at a time. You can grill and bake in the oven while you fry, boil and sauté using the stove top. With the GE Cafe CGS985SETSS you can cook as long as you can with its 5 burners plus the oven space is very large to cook large cuts of meat and even several large poultry at a time. The stove top is large for two to three large saucepans and deep pots to cook at the same time plus still have room to cool dishes on the cooling grate.
These cast iron cooking grates are very easy to remove and clean, you may simply place these on running water and with a soft sponge you may remove tough grease easily. Cast iron will never break nor will it retain odor or smell as long as you scrub them very well.
- Measures 30 x 37.25 x 26.50 inches
- Gas type stove
- Free standing stainless steel
- With 5 burners
- With cast iron gas grate
- With continuous gas grate type
- With a sealed gas burner style
- With a griddle top and raised edges for safety
- With a double convection oven
- With broil, Sabbath mode and warming drawer
- Oven has an audible preheat signal, an auto turn off and self-clean
- With oven interior light, locking door and time cook
- With a temperature probe and an electronic display for temperature
- With 3 oven racks and 6 rack positions
- Certified by the ADA. ANSI and Star K
- Comes with 1 year warranty on parts and 1 year for labor
Stainless Steel Beauty
The GE Cafe CGS985SETSS is made of stainless steel which means it will last for as long as you want it to. The outer layer is easy to clean, just wipe with a soft sponge with soap and water and you are done. This beautiful stainless steel outer layer will also resist scratches which are very common in an area in the home with high traffic such as the kitchen. The outer shell of the oven also maintains the oven temperature efficiently and the large oven handles make opening the oven door and the lower door of the oven safe even when the oven is being used.
The oven has so many features that can make your cooking and baking a lot less of a hassle. Every cook and person who loves to bake knows that it is very essential to have a reliable oven to use. This oven maintains temperatures and has plenty of grills, settings and temperature adjustments to be able to cook a variety of foods. You can also clean the oven easily since it has a self-clean feature. The digital/electronic temperature display is also very convenient when you are baking or for evenly cooking or baking foods.
GE appliances are known to be one of the most high quality home appliances. It has been a symbol of pride and quality and with the GE Cafe CGS985SETSS homeowners will surely enjoy cooking, baking and creating dishes because of its high quality features.
Advantages of Using the GE Cafe CGS985SETSS
- The large cooking space is certainly one of the best advantages of this gas stove. It has a very large cooking space with 5 stove tops which means you can prepare and cook dishes at the same time. No need to wait and worry about the time you need to prepare; you can cook large pans and deep pots at the same time and the oven can also take several dishes in one cooking. The large cooking space is perfect for a huge family or for a home that does a lot of entertaining and parties since you can prepare food for the party at the same time.
- The oven is also large which also means you can cook or bake dishes and bread at the same time. You will never have to worry about varying oven temperatures since the GE Cafe CGS985SETSS has an efficient temperature regulation system that will ensure that food and breads are well baked and cooked.
- Small conveniences spell perfection for this oven like the interior oven light, a locking door, a temperature probe, an oven self-clean feature, time cook and a preheat signal. You will be able to cook safely and more efficiently since you will have fewer worries on your mind.
- The oven has 3 racks and the versatility of using 6 rack positions. You can basically bake different kinds of breads and pastries when you can move and change the location of the racks. Large foods will never be a problem like large turkey or a large sponge cake.
Disadvantages of Using The GE Cafe CGS985SETSS
There are only a few disadvantages of the GE Cafe CGS985SETSS and one of this is the audible to loud fan that can be heard as you power the oven on. This fan is used to circulate the air inside the oven chamber and it could be very loud for some consumers. But of course this flaw is overlooked due to the many benefits of this gas range.
Overall, the GE Cafe CGS985SETSS is a perfect gas range because of its size, capacity and its features. It is ideal for a large family and for home who loves to entertain. You can cook anything at the same time since you have plenty of stove top space and oven space; this range will also be great for baking different sizes and portions of foods because it is also features a large oven capacity. Its stainless steel body is easy to clean and maintain making it the best to use for any kitchen. The only flaw which is an audible fan noise when the oven is powered on is definitely a small disadvantage that may be easily overlooked because of the oven’s many features.
Best Gas Range Buying Guide
Making an informed decision when shopping for a brand-new gas range can be confusing and challenging since there are several factors that you need to take into consideration besides the retail price such as built-in microwave, warranty and size amongst others. Discussed herein, are some of the factors to keep in mind when shopping for the best gas range.
#1: Do a Little Bit of Research
Prior to stepping out into the market, it is highly recommended that you do a little bit of research on the different types of gas ranges accessible in the market. This will enable you to identify various brands and models available in the market that can suit your lifestyle and budget.
There are generally two types of gas ranges. These are:
- Free-standing gas range.
- Built-in gas range.
The latter is designed and built to be utilized in-between two kitchen cabinets. As such, you have to models to select from, that is, slide-in model and drop-in design. The drop-in is placed over a thin foundation and features a bottom shelf.
You can opt to build a cooktop separately from the oven. By doing so, you will be able to have several placement alternative, thereby making it easy for two people to cook simultaneously. The other alternative is to opt for a gas range that features an indoor gas grill built into the gas or installed differently but is still part of the range.
If the supplier is able to determine that your house has met all the necessary requirements, they’ll be able to install for you a commercial-style gas range. Whereas these types of gas ranges are not similar compared to those used in eateries and hotels, they tend to generate a lot of heat. Consequently, you need to have enough ventilation in your kitchen. But perhaps the greatest benefit that you stand to gain by installing a commercial-like gas range is the fact that it features several burners plus more ovens.
#2: What Are Your Requirements?
Next, you need to determine what your needs are. Then again, to determine your needs, you need to assess the types of methods that you apply when cooking and the types of equipment used. Listed below, are some of the questions that you need to ask yourself when trying to establish your needs:
- Do you need a single oven or multiple ovens?
- How frequently do you prepare meals in your house?
- What technique do you utilize when preparing your meals?
- Are some of your meals prepared in a microwave as well as an oven?
- Would you like to have a separate cooktop or do you want it integrated into the gas range?
The answers to the above questions are extremely important as they will determine the type of gas range purchased. Your next task is to get accurate measurements of the location where you would like to place the gas range. While taking your measurements, do not forget to measure the height, depth and width. In addition, take into consideration the venting.
Other factors that you need to take into consideration when shopping for a gas range are:
- The location of the broiler.
- The size of the oven.
The basic width of a free-standing as well as a built-in gas range is roughly 30 inches. Then again, there are brands and models that feature different widths. Getting the exact measurements of the area where you would like to place the gas range will allow you to acquire the right model, especially if you are making your purchase online.
Once you have determined your needs and taken the measurement of the area where the gas range is to be placed, take time and read reviews of various gas range published on the web. Since reviews are often published by consumers who have used the products, you will be able to make an informed decision on the best gas range brand and model to acquire. Some of the things that you need to keep an eye one while reading reviews are:
- User-friendliness. Are the controls easy to use?
- User manual. Is the user manual structured well and easy to read?
When looking for affordability and variety when shopping for a gas range, it is highly recommended that you make your purchase from the internet. At the click of a button, you can surf through hundreds of brands and models from the convenience of your home or office.
Visitors Who Viewed This Review Also Viewed
Category: Gas Range Reviews