Best Garage Door Opener Reviews
Your garage is supposed to keep your car safe and secure from factors like thieves and vandalism, etc. This is why you need a reliable garage door if you want your garage to be a safe and secure haven for your car. However, when it comes to taking your car in and out of the garage, you also need something that can open or close your garage door conveniently. This is where a garage door opener plays a vital part. Below are the best garage door openers in the market.
Best Garage Door Opener Reviews 2013 – Top 5 Garage Door Openers
No.1 Chamberlain WD822KD Garage Door Opener Review(Price: $235.83)
With anti – vibration system, 2 horsepower, 200 watt security light, cutting edge accessories and smooth running features, the Chamberlain WD822KD Whisper Drive 1/2-HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener is what will come to your best need. With reliable options, ultimate features and performance, this garage door opener will allow you to open or close your garage door from anywhere with fully integrated battery and power backup.
No.2 Chamberlain WD962KEV Whisper Drive Garage Door Opener Review(Price: $236.65)
Garage door opener is a frequently used device for car owners. It has become a part and parcel for safety and security reasons. Also it quickens the use of the garage door. Chamberlain WD962KEV has all the features a garage door opener should have and then some. The Chamberlain WD962KEV probably is one of the quietest garage door opener all around.
N0.3 Chamberlain PD752D Garage Door Opener Review(Price: $210.80)
The Chamberlain PD752D Garage Door Opener is the best solution for garage doors made of solid wood as well as carriage house doors. The Chamberlain PD752D 3/4-Horsepower Heavy-Duty Premium Chain Drive Garage Door Opener is not only reliable and durable but also user friendly thus easy to operate and install.
No.4 Direct Drive Garage Door Opener Review(Price: $240.00)
If you want to incorporate a door opener that comes with Europe’s leading technology then you should definitely go for Direct Drive garage door opener. The Direct Drive ¾ HPS motor is one such garage door opener that does not use noisy belt, chain or screw. It has just one moving part with no moving belt or chain meaning that you will have to worry less about those parts breaking down or making awful mechanic noises.
No.5 Genie 1022 Garage Door Opener Review(Price: $149.99)
Garage door openers are very important part of our garages. The new Genie 1022 ½ horsepower AC chainlift garage door opener is one of the best products in this category. It contains all the features a person would like in a garage door opener at affordable price. It comes with a lot of supporting features that makes it even more desirable.
Garage Door Opener Buying Guide
A garage door opener is a device that is powered by a motor wherein its main function is to conveniently open and closes your garage door. This is because with a garage door opener, there is no need for you to manually open and close your garage door. After all, you don’t want to manually open and close your garage door especially if you are in a hurry.
But when it comes to garage door openers, it is a must to choose a reliable one and not all that are available in the market are reliable. So, before you buy a garage door opener, get to know the characteristics of a good and reliable garage door opener first.
- Powerful. A good and reliable garage door opener is indeed powerful enough to ensure easy and quick lifting of the garage door. It should be powerful enough to carry the weight of your garage door, so, as you consider the horsepower of the garage door opener you buy, you also need to consider the weight of your garage door. If the weight of your garage door is very heavy, you’ll need a truly powerful and a sufficient horsepower for your garage door opener.
- Has the type of drive you need. Garage door openers also come with a variety of drives. There is the chain drive, the screw drives, the belt drives and the direct drive. The chain drive garage door opener is the cheapest drive but since it uses a metal chain on a metal trolley, it has the tendency to be noisy. The screw drives use a threaded steel rod in order to lift open the door. The belt drive is the most silent of all drives, while the direct drive is the most durable drive with only a single moving part. Whatever drive you choose as long as it complements well with your needs; that is the best garage door opener.
- Safe and secure. Like your garage door, your car is also deemed safe and secure inside your garage if you have a safe and secure garage door opener. The most reliable garage door opener is not only one that is powerful but also packed with safety and security features such as a security system that keeps away burglars as well as features that prevent accidents while opening or closing the garage door. It should have safe mechanisms. In other words, the best garage door opener device is one that is not only safe and secure for your car but also for you.
- Convenient. You have to remember that he main reason why you are considering buying a garage door opener is because you want the opening and closing of your garage door to be convenient for you. With this, the best and reliable garage door opener is one that is truly convenient or has convenience features like a remote control or electric powered opener. A remote-controlled garage door opener is already a convenient feature because you do not need to get out of your car to open and close the garage door. It is up to you to choose a typical remote control feature or if you want to incorporate the remote in your car so you are just going to press a button to activate the garage door opener.
- Buck-saver. Garage door openers may require a very hefty budget especially if you are considering automatic garage door openers as well as garage door openers that are really high in quality and performance. But the best garage door opener is something that meets your needs in terms of your budget too. It should go well with the budget you set but does not compromise the safety, security, convenience and power you need in a garage door opener.
If you want a good and reliable garage door opener, take time to conduct a thorough research about the different brands available out there. It helps when you read reviews so you can get a sneak peek at what a certain garage door opener has to offer. Reading testimonials and asking for other people’s opinions will also help you a lot when it comes to decision-making.
This is why, comparing garage door openers from each other according to power, safety, security, convenience, price as well as on how they meet your needs, will truly help you find the right and the best garage door opener for you and your garage.
Visitors Who Viewed This Review Also Viewed
Category: Garage Door Opener Reviews