Best Cordless Drill Reviews
With the use of a cordless drill, you would be able to perform driving as well as drilling tasks with ease and convenience. In fact, a cordless drill is considered the most versatile tool that you can have at home, in your workshop or your garage.
Best Cordless Drill Reviews 2014 – Top 5 Cordless Drills
No.1 Best Cordless Drill – DEWALT DCD970KL Review(Price: $299.00)
A hammer drill needs to have a powerful motor to get the job done and this is what the DEWALT DCD970KL offers to users. It has a very powerful motor that will ensure that it delivers 450 unit watts out when you need it. Perfect for hammering jobs on most strong surfaces.
No.2 DEWALT DC725KA Cordless Compact Hammer Drill Review(Price: $159.00)
The DEWALTDC725KA 18-Volt Cordless Compact Hammer Drill has the capacity to handle virtually all kinds of wood, metal, bricks and concrete. This in turn makes it suitable for use not only by carpenters, but by building contractors. In contrast to other types of DEWALT power drills, this particular design boasts of an improved ergonomic build.
No.3 DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Cordless Drill Review(Price: $119.99)
The DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill is the type of tool that every contractor working with concrete, steel and wood ought to have. With a 380 Watt motor and a 0.5 ingle sleeve key-less ratcheting chuck, you will be guaranteed of optimal performance. If you are a do-it-yourself homeowner and have limited space in your garage to store tools, then you need to make a point of acquiring the DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Drill because of the compact design and build that makes it easy to store the tool even in tight spaces.
No.4 DEWALT DCD760KL 18-Volt Cordless Compact Lithium-Ion Drill Review(Price: $217.99)
DEWALT power drills have increased in popularity over the last couple of years mainly due to their high performance. In a bid to ensure that its products maintains the same performance while at the same time enhancing handling thus guaranteeing ease of use and reduced fatigue, the manufacturer has included a myriad of features into the DEWALT DCD760KL 18-Volt 0.5 Cordless Compact Lithium-Ion Drill.
No.5 Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Cordless Drill Review(Price: $179.00)
The Makita LXFD01CW 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion Cordless 0.5 Inch Driver-Drill is the true definition of a powerful and versatile cordless power drill tool. One of the reasons why a majority of power tool users tend to shy away from cordless drills is because the need to stop every now and again to recharge the batteries which then take up to 60 to 120 minutes to full charge.
No.6 Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Cordless Drill Review(Price: $39.97)
The Black & Decker SS12C 12-Volt Cordless Drill is the ideal drilling tool that every homeowner and professional contractors ought to equip their workshops with. Thanks to the cutting-edge features built into the tool, users are now able to use the tool for a wide range of applications varying from wood to concrete.
Best Cordless Drill – DEWALT DCD970KL Review
Weighs 6 pounds DEWALT DCD970KL Features
- Measures 16.5 x 5.3 x 14.4 inches
- Made in USA
- With an 18-volt motor that provides 450 unit watts power
- With a three-spaced transmission, three-speed settings 0 to 500, 0 to 1,250 and 0 to 2,000 rpm in drilling and different hammer drill mode
- With a lightweight and compact design
- With a convenient LED
- With a 360 degree side handle for an easy grip
- With A self-tightening chuck
- Uses a trademarked XRP Extended-Life Battery System
- Comes with a 90-day guarantee, a three-year limited warranty and one-year free service
- Your purchase comes with a one-hour yellow lithium-ion charger, two XRP lithium-ion batteries with 18-volt, a 360 degree side handle and a convenient kit box.
A hammer drill needs to have a powerful motor to get the job done and this is what the DEWALT DCD970KL offers to users. It has a very powerful motor that will ensure that it delivers 450 unit watts out when you need it. Perfect for hammering jobs on most strong surfaces. It even has a patented three-speed metal transmission that allows you to adjust the hammer and drill settings accordingly.
Handheld power tools are very handy but may be a pain in the arm, wrist and hand especially when you are using it for extended periods of time. The DEWALT DCD970KL has a well-designed comfortable ergonomic grip that reduces pain but will still ensure that you get accurate results each time.
Heavy duty for all types of jobs
Power tools especially power saws, drills and hammers must be very durable so that it will never fail any job. You can also use this hammer drill for most jobs anywhere around the house since it uses an extended-life battery which will always provide you maximum output no matter what the job is.
And as a tribute to the DEWALT DCD970KL’s quality, this product comes with an unbeatable money back guarantee and impressive warranty service.
DEWALT has been the leader in power tools made in the US. The yellow and black trademark of DEWALT is the symbol of strength, dependability and versatility. These have been the factors that most users have looked up on every DEWALT drill, hammer or saw; the DEWALT DCD970KL will surely be a perfect addition to your power tool collection that will provide countless hours of projects and DIY jobs satisfaction.
Advantages of the DEWALT DCD970KL
- The DEWALT DCD970KL is one of the most powerful hand held drills and hammers that deliver optimum power output no matter what job you are doing. It is handy to use any situation since it is cordless; you may work without a power cord that will restrict your movements and the area you want to work. No more looking for power strips and extension cords now that you have a power hammer drill that will last for a long time.
- You can reduce the possibility of any pain and strain that is common in handling a power tool since the DEWALT DCD970KL is lightweight and has an ergonomic handle design that reduces any pain that is often felt over the hand, wrist and lower arm. And since it weighs lighter than most drills, you can use it to work on difficult spaces and tight angles. A side handle comes with the purchase which allows you to hold the drill with two hands to reduce fatigue common in extended hours of drilling and hammering.
- The convenient LED light offers better handling of your drilling or hammering jobs since it illuminates the area that you are working on. LED lights uses less power than other kinds of bulbs and will surely work no matter how often you use the drill.
- You will enjoy longer hours of hammering and drilling with the DEWALT DCD970KL since it features an extended battery –time. You can also be sure that you will never wait too long to use this power tool since it has a one-hour fast charger that comes with your purchase.
- This drill is very affordable at less than $300.00 online. With all the convenient features and specs many homeowners will surely rush to purchase the product. Amazon.com offers free shipping services that come with your purchase.
- The DEWALT DCD970KL is very affordable despite its great features. This makes it an indispensable power tool for your workshop or for your company.
Disadvantages of the DEWALT DCD970KL
- While many hobbyists and homeowners agree that this hammer drill is indeed a keeper, some are not very happy about the price. It is being sold for $299.00 online. Some who were apprehensive to buy because of the price said that it is too expensive for a small too and even for a tool to be used for hobbies and crafts. There are several hammer drill models that have the same features of specs but are technically cheaper that this drill.
- There are several cases when the hammer drill’s chuck would fail even for less than a year of use and since these parts don’t last long, you need to replace this completely. A replacement chuck costs $90 or more which is definitely too expensive for a drill to be used only at home.
- There are several reports of the battery failing however these were isolated cases. The battery power will of course depend on the type of job that you are doing and how old the unit is.
Overall, the DEWALT DCD970KL is a very strong drill for its size and weight; it can do pretty much any repairs and projects at home as well as light hammering and drilling work in a jobsite. It also has ergonomic features that will help reduce pain that is common in using large and heavy drills. It may be more expensive than a regular drill but then as experts on quality say: there is no price for high quality. This power tool is recommended for homeowners, expert hobbyists and contractors who would like a dependable and quality tool to use.
Cordless Drill Buying Guide
If you are looking for the best cordless drill then there are definitely a lot of things that you would need to consider. Here are some of the aspects that you need to check out before purchasing your own cordless drill.
Aspects to Consider When Choosing Your Own Cordless Drill
- Comfort and Ease of Use
The first thing that you have to consider would be a drill that is comfortable to use and hold. If will use the drill for light tasks or if you have small hands then you should opt for a just the right sized drill. However, if you are expecting to use the drill of big projects then you would want something powerful and big. When choosing a cordless drill, power is actually considered an important quality for a cordless drill to have. Since there are a lot of makes and models of drills in varying sizes then you should examine each type of drill and check out which one can best fit your needs and preferences.
- Long Lasting Battery Life
Another important aspect that you need to check out when choosing your cordless drill would be its batteries. Since you are purchasing a cordless drill, you definitely would not want the drill to die on you while you are working. Since drills would have different ranges in terms of price, batteries, chargers as well as other features, you have to determine what your needs are before making any purchases.
- Choosing Between High Voltage or Low Voltage Drills
An important aspect that one must look into when choosing a cordless drill would be the specifications of the drill. You can check out the voltage of the drill. Those drills that have lower voltage would be best for lighter jobs like installing cabinet handles, drilling holes on walls as well as replacing door hinges. However, when it comes to heavier tasks like installation of decks, drilling into steel or masonry then a more powerful drill would be necessary.
- Choosing Between Low Speed Drills or High Speed Drills
The speed of the drill is also an important aspect. The drill speed is measured in rpm or rotations per minute. If you want drills that can cater to a wider range of tasks then you should choose those drills that allow you to switch back and forth between high speed measuring 1,200 to 1,500 rpm or low speed measuring 300 to 400 rpm. Lower speed drills would be ideal for driving screws while higher speed drills would be ideal for drilling holes.
- Additional Drill Features to Consider
With recent advancements and innovations today, there are now a lot of additional features that you will be able to find in drills. The features would vary per make and model as well as the brand. One advance feature would be the AutoShift option. This feature improves performance and will be able to prolong the life of the drill by means of automatically performing at optimum torque as well as speed setting. This innovation will be able to save time by automatically shifting gears whenever more power is required which makes work faster and more convenient. This is one advanced option that would be a positive point in a drill.
- Finding Top Drill Deals and Packages
There are a lot of manufacturers these days that offer drill kits. Drill kits would already contain the drill, 2 batteries, a charger, various drill bits, manual and a storage and case for carrying. There are even those deals on drill packages that you can find over the internet. You can save more if you choose options like these. Depending on your needs, you have to choose the package that would best fit your needs and preferences.
- Cost Considerations When Choosing a Cordless Drill
While there are good drill packages from top brands, you should also consider the costs of the drill packages. It is essential that you consider your needs, preferences as well as your budget. There are a lot of options for you and some are offered at affordable rates. If you want to have good quality cordless drills at an affordable rate then you should definitely shop around. There are a lot of options that you can find online and even in your local home improvement stores.
Category: Cordless Drill Reviews